As the first country to introduce the new International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliant facial recognition biometric passports in Asia, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand has a very strict passport photo specification requirement.
Thai Passport Photo Specification Requirements
- Passport photo size should be 45 x 35 mm
- Two (2) passport photos are required.
- Should be taken by a professional photographer.
- Passport photo must be colored. Black and white photo is not allowed.
- Background photo should be white or off-white.
- Facial features should be clear and distinguishable.
- Passport photo should be a close up of your head and shoulders.
- Overall passport photo should be 70-80% of your face.
- Passport photo should be clear and sharp.
- Digital or scanned photos are allowed provided that it is printed at 1200dpi resolution or higher.
- No shadows on the background or on the face.
- No reflection on the glasses if worn.
- Avoid any obstruction on the face such as sunglasses, hair across the eyes, etc.
- Look directly at the camera with eyes wide open.
- Mouth close and no showing of teeth.
- Passport photo must have neutral expression.
- No hats or any head accessories.
Baby Passport Photo Requirements
Just like the normal Thailand’s passport photo requirement, baby passport photo requirements are also strict. Babies’ photos should have eyes wide open. There should also no visible means of support from parents or guardians.
The baby should also be looking directly at the camera with mouth closed or opened.
Thai Visa Photo Requirements
Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has specific photo requirements for visa. But they are usually the same as US passport/visa requirements. Here is a list of all the specifications:
- Two photos are required.
- Visa photo size should be 50 x 50 mm.
- Photocopies or photostats are not allowed.
- Visa photo must have a light colored background.
- Visa photo should have the full face of the person.
- Hat or dark glasses are not allowed.
- Visa photo must be taken recently at least within 6 months.