Belgium is one of the wonderful places a person can visit in Europe. That is why it is no longer surprising why people choose to visit the place. However, since they are already used to the beauty and sites in Belgium, many residents here consider going to other places either to look for employment opportunities or visit the wonderful views found in other countries.
However, just like any other countries, Belgium government has some certain requirements before they let people out of the country. So, if you are one of those people who have the plan to go out of Belgium, knowing about the different Belgium passport picture requirements must be considered.
The following are the picture requirements when applying for a Belgium passport:
- Two (2) present pictures of the applicant are required. The photographs must measure exactly 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- In addition to the measurement of the photos, they must also be in portrait-style. Furthermore, as a rule, the applicant should not be wearing nor having any headgear. Wearing of headgear might be allowed for medical or religious reasons as long as the face of the applicant is still fully visible.
- The cheeks, nose, chin, eyes and forehead must not be impeded by any means.
- Preferably, yet not necessarily, the ears and hair must also be seen.
- On the photographs, the applicant’s head must occupy at least around 2.5 cm and the maximum of 3.5 cm in space.
- The used background on the photographs must be uniform and light.
- The surname and the first name of the applicant must be clearly written on the photos’ back.
- The submitted photographs should be colored, as black and white ones will no longer be accepted.
The following are the picture requirements if you wish to apply for Belgium Identity Card:
- When applying for Identity Card in Belgium, two (2) passport photographs are required. They should be of high quality and recently taken.
- The measurement of the photo must be 35 mm x 45 mm.
- The length of the applicant’s face, including the hair, must not be longer than 35 mm or smaller than 25 mm.
- The photographs’ background must be in a single light color, either white, light yellow, light blue or light grey, and must be uniform.
- Photos with visible shadows or any color changes will not be accepted.
Complying with these requirements is very important, especially if you wish to qualify whether for Belgium passport or Belgium Identity Card. According to statistics, poor or bad photographs are often the most common basis for the denial of passport applications. That is why it is crucial that you get your photos done rightly so as to make sure that you qualify for the passport. With the right photo service provider, it will be easy to get your photos done properly and correctly. So, make sure to find the best and reliable one around. This passport provider will guarantee that you will be approved for your required Belgium passport.